Watch the brilliant debut TV performance of Delta’s new single ‘Wings’ on The Voice Australia:
Decked out in a classic 80’s mullet and denim, Delta belted out her best version of John Farnham’s ‘Playing To Win’ as part of The Footy Show’s one-off TV special, ‘Not The Voice’.
Check out her hilarious performance:
Makeup Noni Smith: Delta’s makeup was fresh faced and natural using bronze, gold and taupe shadows on the eyes finished off with some delicate wispy lashes, and a fine black liner on top for definition. I used lashings of our much loved black mascara on top and bottom to really open up the eyes, then brows were perfectly held in place with clear brow gel and lightly filled in giving that gorgeous modern full brow effect. I perfected her skin with some light bronzer and some luminous peachy blush to give that golden glow that works so well with her fresh white outfit. Lips were kept neutral with a beautiful peachy nude gloss.
Hairstylist Michael Brennan: For tonight’s look, Delta wore her hair in a side part . We created a soft touchable wave using a medium size curling wand . To finish, we used a natural bristle brush to create a soft wave. The look was a very modern Catherine Hepburn inspired finish.
Stylist Marina Didovich: The blind auditions look is a key appearance for The Voice judges. Delta felt a real sense of empowerment. Delta’s suit was custom made by Carla Zampatti and bodysuit by Constantina Louise. Rings by Amber Sceats and neck piece by Colette Hayman. Heels Glamour Puss from Wanted Shoes.
Delta Goodrem will reprise her role on Neighbours that launched her music career and propelled her to fame a decade ago, as part of the show’s 30th Anniversary celebrations to air in March next year. Goodrem will return for a limited run of three episodes and also take part in a star-studded documentary.
Goodrem played much-loved character Nina Tucker, whose fictional musical journey mirrored Delta’s own real life rise to chart success.
While details surrounding Nina Tucker’s return to Erinsborough are under wraps, Neighbours’ Series Producer Jason Herbison hinted there is a musical theme to Goodrem’s appearance.
“It’s only natural that music would some how be involved. Having Delta join us for this momentous occasion is the icing on the cake, we are delighted,” said Herbison.
In celebration of joining the Andrea Bocelli ‘Passion For Life’ tour, Delta has recorded one of her favorite songs, the #1 hit single from 1991 by Martika, ‘Love.. Thy Will Be Done.’
Delta explains; “This is a song I have loved for many years, the lyrics are a prayer and in times of uncertanity in the world I have been drawn to it. As a part of this wonderful tour with Andrea Bocelli, ‘Love.. Thy Will Be Done’ has found a lovely home and I am excited to be able to bring my version to life amongst the show.”
Penned by Prince back in 1991, this incredibly successful hit took Martika to #1 in countries worldwide.
Delta will be performing this song whilst on the Andrea Bocelli tour of Australia and New Zealand.
Following on from a number of hugely successful performances in the USA, Singapore and Canada with Bocelli in 2009 & 2010, Goodrem has graciously accepted the legendary tenor’s invitation to join him on stage for the first time in her home country of Australia, during his New Zealand & Australian concerts.
TOUR DATES with Andrea Bocelli:
Sept 11 – Auckland Vector Arena
Sept 14 – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Sept 16 – Sydney Allphones Arena
Sept 18 – Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Sept 21 – Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
Sept 24 – Perth Arena
2013 marks the tenth anniversary of the release of Delta Goodrem’s landmark debut album, Innocent Eyes.
To commemorate this historic event in Australian music, Delta Goodrem and Sony Music Australia are set to release a very special all-new edition of Innocent Eyes – Ten Year Anniversary Acoustic Edition set for release on Friday, 29th November, 2013.
Alongside the classic album and new artwork, this tenth-anniversary deluxe version of Innocent Eyes – Ten Year Anniversary Acoustic Edition will include a brand new recording of the 14 original songs from the record, performed and also filmed live in Sydney’s legendary 301 Studios.
Delta and her band recently reconvened at 301 for these very special sessions, to re-imagine and re-record Innocent Eyes from start to finish. It’s as much a celebration as it is a musical reinvention, the now 28-year-old Delta Goodrem revisiting the songs she wrote and recorded as a teenager that made her into the superstar she is today.
ABOUT INNOCENT EYES
– INNOCENT EYES is the most successful Australian album of its generation.
– Since its release in 2003, no other album by any other artist has sold more copies in Australia.
– Originally released in March 2003, INNOCENT EYES has sold 1,090,000 copies in Australia alone, certified 15 times platinum.
– INNOCENT EYES sold another 2.5 million copies worldwide.
– INNOCENT EYES spent a record-breaking 29 weeks at Number 1 on the ARIA album charts. thats 7 ½ months.
– INNOCENT EYES peaked at Number 2 on the UK album charts.
– INNOCENT EYES produced a record-breaking five Number 1 singles in a row on the ARIA singles chart: “Born To Try”; “Lost Without You”; “Innocent Eyes”; “Not Me, Not I”; “Predictable”.
– Combined singles sales in Australia: 740,000.
– Combined video sales in Australia: 180,000 (12 times platinum).
– Delta Goodrem premiered the single “Born To Try” on Neighbours in November 2002, while playing the character of Nina Tucker on the show. The song topped the ARIA charts three weeks later and reached Number 3 on the UK singles chart.
– In 2003, INNOCENT EYES won SEVEN ARIA Awards: Best Female Artist; Best Single “Born to Try”; Best Breakthrough Artist (Single) “Born to Try”; Best Breakthrough Artist (Album) Innocent Eyes; Best Pop Release Innocent Eyes; Highest Selling Single “Born to Try”; “Born to Try”; Highest Selling Album.
– INNOCENT EYES won the ARIA Award for highest selling album in both 2003 and 2004.
– In 2010, ARIA named DELTA GOODREM the Artist of The Decade, for selling more albums in Australia that any other artist, local or international.
– DELTA GOODREM is one of SONY MUSIC AUSTRALIA’s longing serving artists, originally singing to the label in September 2000 at age 15.
– To Date Delta has had 15 top 10 singles.
DELTA GOODREM: INNOCENT EYES – TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY ACOUSTIC EDITION TRACKLISTING:
- Born To Try
- Innocent Eyes
- Not Me, Not I
- Throw It Away
- Lost Without You
- In My Own Time
- My Big Mistake
- This Is Not Me
- Running Away
- A Year Ago Today
- Will you Fall For Me